Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waiting for a Revelation

So the last few months, I've been trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

I read blogs. I read books. I brainstorm. I write. I talk to new people. I drink coffee and think about what I love, what inspires me, what interests me. I make notes and lists. I started taking vitamins. I exercise. I walk the aisles of Target.

I do all those things you read about when people have these "revelations". They find their passion and their life time calling. So far, I have not had a revelation. I think I might have come close one day but it could have just been the excitement of my first bite into a Reese's Big Cup. Have you had one of those? They are life changing. Highly recommend.



I thought 6 months was more than enough time to figure this out. I mean, that's 2 seasons, a couple of 3 day weekends and a major holiday worth of time. Still nothing.

I'm gonna keep trying though. I haven't given up yet. I know that there is something out there for me that I haven't quite put my finger on yet. Maybe if I go to the coffee shop, write a new list and eat a Reese's Big Cup all at the same time, maybe that's when the lightbulb will appear above my head! Or, I'll just have a lovely afternoon at the coffee shop and maybe that should be good enough for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment