Friday, January 4, 2013

Found!

My cousin, J and her super great fiancé, N came to visit us in Lancaster, PA for New Years. They are getting married in July and J has been on the hunt for her perfect wedding dress. She has looked at a few bridal shops, ordered a couple to try on at home and went to chat with a seamstress about having one made. Nothing she'd seen had been quiet perfect. Yet.

The first morning that J & N were here, J and I decided to totally change our plans and we asked the boys to drop us off at In White, a bridal salon not far from my house. (Boys were totally confused as we had plans but easily found comfort in a beer or two.) We knew this place was going to be great when the saleswoman offered us each a glass of wine while we shopped. J and I went through the dresses, she tried a few on and what do you know, she walked out in one and we said:

I love it!

I love it too!!

I really love it!!!

This is how I pictured you. I think I might cry.

Don't cry. Have another sip of wine.

I'm all out, can I have your glass?



Ladies and Gentleman, J has found the perfect dress!!! As her fiancé said, "I think the dress found J" (how cute is that?).

Here's the happy bride after the purchase:


Here's the happy bride and her MOH celebrating with the dress:


SIDE NOTE : Moms, don't worry the dress was only in the bar for the photo, it left right afterwards for safe keeping!!

I was so honored to be there for the big moment. I never dreamed I would accompany someone, let alone one of my favorite people in the world, as she found the dress of her dreams. What a wonderful experience. I can't wait to show you all pictures of J in July. She will be a stunning bride! I might cry again just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment