Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Philadelphia Museum of Art

Saturday, Husband and I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

After I did the Rocky Run


and Husband got his photo with Rocky




We walked into the museum and say the most amazing collection and assortment of art.

 antique handkerchief holder

colonial door frame from a Philly home

wood fireplace and doorway

art nouveau ceramic fireplace

amazing glasswork

Czar of Russia's tea service

self-playing piano

a Fredick Kiesler piece

New Mexican Retablos

Picaso's Bull Fight
(photo taken especially for JMG)

A little Monet

"The Gossip" - isn't that a great name for this piece?
And that was only on a small portion of floor one. What an amazing museum with such a wide collection of artifacts. The variety of the art is what intrigued me. I thought I was the only one who thought fireplaces were art - I'm so glad I'm not alone anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment