Monday, January 21, 2013

Fancy Pants

It was so much fun to get all fancied up on Friday. I don't think we, as a society do it nearly enough in 2013. Now, I 'm not sure I want it Downton Abbey style when you get dressed up for dinner every night . . . but, it would be fun to have more events that everyone puts their party clothes on. It always seems to me that you go places dressed up and then there is that one guy in jeans or in Arizona's case, a guy in shorts throwing the whole thing off. Go find your uncomfortable shoes People and party on with the rest of us!

Husband and I had a great time at our black tie extravaganza in Philly on Friday night. I wore a dark blue velvet dress I had but I wore it with some bold red lipstick that made me happy. Doesn't Husband look dapper in a bow tie?


Side Note: we had to do emergency surgery on Husband's tux in the lobby of our hotel. His button popped off as we were walking out of our room! Nothing like a quick stitch before a big shin-dig. As our friend, Tim Gunn would say, "Make it happen".


Oh, and check out the fancy pants venue we were at:

Mosaic tile wall in entry

Rad chandelier above our table

1 comment: