Monday, January 28, 2013

Stuck

Husband bought me a pair of cycling shoes this weekend. These are the shoes that have the little cleat on the bottom of them that you stick in the peddles so you become "one with" the bike. I'm very excited as it's supposed to change the way you cycle and helps you really get the most out of your class.

I'm also a bit nervous.

You're stuck in your bike. Literally you and the bike are all one piece.

What if I've had too much water and need to race to the bathroom during class? You just can't hope off the bike! Your shoes are stuck in the peddles. You have to turn them just so and listen for the click and then pull them out. This takes seconds but sometimes you don't have seconds. And really, who can think of turning and clicking and pulling when you have more important things on your mind like a restroom?

OR

What if you forget to turn your phone off and it rings in your jacket pocket hanging on the hook on the side wall? You're in the middle of some virtual race against everyone else on bikes that go nowhere and you need to hop off to turn it off and apologize to the class. What if you forget you've got your new magic shoes on and you try to escape and BOOM, you're on your face.

I envision these things. They could happen.

I think I'll pack my regular non-attachable-Nike's just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment