Friday, January 25, 2013

Virtual Hills

So I've been going to cycle classes at the gym the past two weeks. I went 3 times last week and 4 times this week. This is very new to me. I'm not a gym rat and I have little to no coordination for aerobics classes. I love yoga but it's been giving my shoulder some issues so I had to find something new to get me active. Friends suggested I try Zumba. Apparently I met those friends after college because I stopped dancing after 4 years of ridicule and laughs at sorority events that I'm still working through!!

My neighbor cycles and raves about it so I thought I'd give it a try. It's an intense workout in a 45 minutes span - best bang for your buck if you ask me! I've felt pretty good in most the classes. On Wednesday though, we climbed a "virtual hill".

Hill?

Are you kidding me?

We climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro!

Maybe it was supposed to be fun because we were listening to some crazy rock version of Chariots of Fire but there were no Chariots Of fire, there was only Megan On Fire! My legs were Jell-O. My head was spinning. My face was beet red. My thighs were screaming. My heart was pounding. I've never been so close to death.

Here's what I looked like.


Before class Wednesday:

After Class Wednesday:




No comments:

Post a Comment