Thursday, January 10, 2013

Elmo = Love




One of my favorite little people in the world, Miss LKC is in love with a red furry muppet named Elmo. I've seen her with her Elmo doll. It's love, kids. Pure 17 month old love. Elmo is one very lucky boy creature.

Do you know anything about Elmo? I mean, beyond that he's the sweet and silly red character on Sesame Street. I thought that if I'm going to be a good Auntie to Miss LKC, I better know about this man creature she loves.

So, the other night, I crawled into bed with my iPad Mini (Thank you, Santa's Elves) and downloaded Being Elmo. It's a documentary on the the life of the puppeteer behind Elmo, Kevin Clash. It's a fabulous story. Most of which just made me want to be a puppeteer when I grow up. (If you know me, you know that I love putting voices to furry things or inanimate objects - it's a little crush I have.) They show you how the puppets are made and the life behind the scenes. They talk about Elmo's "soul" and what he exemplifies on Sesame Street. Once I heard that Elmo was created just to "love", I knew why Miss LKC's heart melted when she met him. She's full of love too, so those two together is like one giant, furry love force!

Now, when I go back to Phoenix to see Miss LKC, I'll have all sorts of stuff to talk to her about. She may just want to climb all over her swing set and say "ice" and "hi" but I think once I get her started there may be no end to our Elmo chat.

Wanna see the trailer to the film? It's below.



No comments:

Post a Comment