Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year List

It's that time of year again: Resolution Time!!!

Many people dread making New Year Resolutions and say they never make them because they never follow through with them. I am looking forward to spending today making lists of what 2013 is going to bring to me. 2012 brought so much change - big change - that I am ready to sit down and take a look back at it all. The New Year is such a nice time to focus and really think about who you are now, what you want to be in the future and how you're going to make that change.

I don't think it's cliche at all. If we didn't have this time a good portion of us would never sit down and focus on ourselves. It such a healthy thing to do as daily life can get so hectic and you can easily find yourself just going through a routine because you haven't taken the time to sit and be quiet and think about you.

I encourage everyone to do this and while you're at it, make a list of what you love about yourself. Sometimes we forget to congratulate ourselves on all the positive aspects of our life that we have worked so hard to attain. That list might even be more difficult to make but so worth it.

I'm heading off to my favorite coffee shop today and for one full hour I'll be making my list. For every change I want to make, I also am going to list something that I've done that I'm proud of or makes me happy about myself. I hope you're able to find that time this week to do the same. Maybe in 6 months, I'll check back in on that list and see where I'm at or maybe I won't and just be happy with myself that I've taken the time to think about me.


No comments:

Post a Comment