Thursday, January 17, 2013

35 in 2013

I know, I know it's not even close to my birthday. How can she even think to be writing about her birthday which is 10 months away? But, when the clock struck 12:00 on New Years Eve and I thought of the year ahead, She had a martini in her hand, so her thoughts may have been a bit fuzzy about my life, where I was and what I was doing and then all of a sudden, I thought, I'm going to be 35 this year!

WOWZA! She finished her martini quickly upon this thought.

As you all know, at the beginning of January, I sat down and wrote out my resolutions for the year. The first thing on that list was Take Care of Myself. Cuz you're getting up there, sweetie, 35! The past few months I've been waking up achy. Just feeling old and uncomfortable. I'm not ready for that. So I've made some changes. Dying your hair? Getting a Tattoo? You know you want your nose pierced! 

So, here's what I've been doing:

  • I joined the Y and started taking a spin/cycle class this week. I was nervous as I have never taken this class. The great thing about the instructors at the Y is that they introduce themselves and ask if anyone is new and if they need help getting set up. Or in your case, keeping your feet in the peddles!
  • I started taking my vitamins again. I hate vitamins. They always seem so GIANT and taste like grass. Makes you long for the days of the Flinstone chewables, huh? A doctor in Phoenix had told me try a certain kind and I remember liking them. So, I bought them again and have been faithful.
  • I started drinking more water. I used to drink a ton of water in Phoenix because it was so darn hot! But once I moved to PA, I kinda forgot about it. I think I thought all the rain would just soak into me here. And you say you're going to be 35 - not with funny thoughts like that, kid! 
  • I have been eating more fruit. Remember what that did to Adam and Eve!
  • I have only been having alcohol on the weekends. Your Irish friends are judging you.
  • Finally, I bought eye cream. Finally, is right , sister, those eyes of yours were screaming "I'm gonna be 35 this year and it shows!!!"
And after making all these changes, I feel really good! So, maybe 35 won't be so bad after all. And of course she has to end it by bringing up her birthday! Some people never grow up!



No comments:

Post a Comment