Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Color of Rain Boots

It rained like crazy here yesterday. Being a native Arizonian, this was very strange to me. The whole day was just wet. As of one month ago I would have been very unprepared. Now, I am the proud owner of Hunter boots. Thank you, K for that suggestion!

Have you seen Hunter Boots? I put them on my birthday list but Husband got a pair for me early because, well I NEEDED them! Hunter is a 156 year old Scottish company that has become internationally known because of their strong tradition of marrying craftsmanship with design. They are very well made, using 28 separate pieces for one boot. They have some super fun styles (I personally like the Original Tall) and a great selection of colors. I had a very difficult time choosing the color(s) I wanted. Do I go practical or do I have some fun and wear something bright on a cloudy day? According to Hunter's website the green is most popular in the British Isles and the black is most popular in the USA.




I ended up going with these:  Love this latte color!


Original Tall : cafe latte


Here are some of my other favorites:


Original Tall Gloss : burnt orange

Original British : pewter

CeCe : black/milk chocolate

Regent Apsley : black



Oh, and you can also get these rad socks to wear with them. They keep your feet so warm and are long enough that they fold over the top of the boot and add some color or fun design to your whole rainy day outfit. My college roommate, M, gave me 2 pair as an early birthday gift. One black pair and one pair to remind me of how much she loves cats and how much I love to wear cats!


My new kitty cat socks!

Practical boot with some fun on top!

A sweater for your foot!


1 comment:

  1. Are you enjoying your Hunter boots? Do they keep you dry/warm during rain or snow?

    ReplyDelete