Thursday, October 4, 2012

Penny




I realized that never once have I written a post about Penny.  Shocking as she is one of the most important pieces in our lives.

Penny is our almost 3 year old black and white shih-tzu. She was my Christmas gift 3 years ago. Husband had never had a dog but you'd never know that today if you saw the two together. He adores her. Sometimes he brings treats home for her and I will admit, I get jealous. I know they are just chicken livers, but I still get jealous!

Just the other night, Husband and I were laying in bed with Penny, telling her how much we love her, scratching her belly, moving over so she could get comfortable and discussing how strange it is to us that some people would never want a dog in their bed. What's not to love? This little fur ball curls up right next to you, sometimes around your head on your pillow, sometimes under the sheets when it's cold and sometimes right on top of you when you're really lucky. How great is that? Apparently it's not for everyone. It is for us.

Penny spends the whole day with me. She wakes me up with a little wet kiss on the nose. She follows me up and down our 3 sets of stairs. She sits right next to my chair while I'm at my computer. She cries when I get out my keys or pack my bag. She sits by the door and waits for me to come home. She rolls over for belly rubs about 12 times a day. She curls up next to me on the sofa to watch The Voice and she lets me know when it's time to go to bed. She's kinda like having a furry shadow. I love it.

Husband and I are sold. We're giant suckers when it comes to our dog. We know it and we don't even care.

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures of Penny. Isn't she the cutest?

Puppy Penny


Penny 6 weeks

Cute pillow! Cute dog!

Keeping my feet warm!

Scowl face!

Just enough room right here!


Penny and her Mamma!

No comments:

Post a Comment