Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I heart Skype

Since Husband and I have moved to PA, we've gotten into Skyping with friends and family. It's such a fun way to chat and act like you're all sitting in one person's living room. With our friends J&H, we always drink wine when we Skype so we call it Wyping. It's like a virtual Happy Hour!

Last night my cousin, J was trying on wedding dresses. She knows I would have loved to be there with her so instead of flying 2000 miles to look at chiffon and tulle and taffeta, she invited me to Skype with her. It was perfect. She would try one on, I would make her twirl and show me the train and the back and ask her how it felt and then send in my vote. Her girlfriends were all in her living room drinking champagne and voting on their favorites and I was sitting upstairs in my office, sipping a bourbon and wearing my slippers. They each came up to the screen and said "hello" and we sat around, chatted and had a great time. And then, when it was time for bed, I just walked downstairs. It might be my new favorite way to join a party! Thanks for including me J!


Have you ever watched this funny Skype video?  Try not to laugh. I dare you!


No comments:

Post a Comment