Friday, August 31, 2012

An Inherited Trait

I love my birthday. I inherited this love from my grandfather. He was known to introduce himself and say, "Hi, my name is Bob and my birthday is June 6." How awesome is that? Unfortunately, I didn't know my Papa Bob very well.  He died when I was 5. According to my dad, a bit of his "impish-ness" lives on in me. So does his love for his natal anniversary. I'm grateful to have inherited both.

My birthday is next in our family. Husband just celebrated his. Mom just celebrated hers. MINE IS NEXT!!! The reason I am so excited about this is that we have a rule in our family that no one can talk about their own birthday until the person whose birthday comes before theirs is over. This rule was created, signed and put into effect by a unanimous vote by my parents when I was young. Apparently, I spoke of my birthday often. Too often. So they created this rule. I hate the rule. I'm 33 years old and for some reason I still abide by it and I still hate it. So, with that in mind . . .

Hi, my name is Megan and my birthday is October 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone in my family also knows that I've had a birthday wish list going since last October 7th. So, without further ado . . . here is my list (photos too!) for the celebration of my 34th year!

1. Hunter Boots - Original Tall Gloss - Black - Size 8
2. Latico Purse - Lidia - Clay/Tan
3. Kindle - Paperwhite WiFi
4. Anthropologie - Harlev Sweater Coat - Gold - Size M

That's it so far.  Don't worry, I have over a month to keep adding and talking about it.  Trust me, I will!

Hunter Boots
Latico Purse: Lidia
Kindle Paperwhite WiFi

Harlev Sweater Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment