Monday, October 22, 2012

Dog Lover(s)

My parents were in Pennsylvania visiting Husband and me all last week. We had such fun showing them around Lancaster. We stopped at all our favorite shops and bars. We made homemade dinners, drank wine and sat by the fireplace and played Rumikub. It was a delightful week and so good to see them. We had to say good bye to them yesterday and we miss them already.

We weren't the only ones excited to see my parents. Penny, our dog, loves my folks! My parents were with us when we got her at 6 weeks and she just adores them. They too love Penny - in slightly different ways. Dad is a true dog lover (since birth) and Mom is a reformed dog lover (since about 1997). This week, Penny was so excited that they came to visit that every night she went up to their bedroom and SHE SLEPT IN THEIR BED! Penny slept in my parent's bed. She slept there. All night!!

I yell this because if you know my mother, in fact, even if you have just met my mother once, you would know that this is not something she would be in favor of. She likes clean. She likes order. She likes kids with combed hair and dogs that are outside. For years she has watched my dad and me stop in the middle of a meal and pet a neighbor's dog and then go right back to eating and the poor woman just cringes in filthy agony. I'm not sure what's happened since I moved to Pennsylvania. Maybe the Arizona heat has gotten to her. Or maybe Bill Cosby* is right . . .


image via www.imgace.com

*Mom - you are not old. This is just a funny quote and it worked in this post perfectly! I love you very much.


Come back soon Mom and Dad. We ALL miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment