Wednesday, November 14, 2012

You Know Where You're Going

I got home late last night from a wonderful trip to Phoenix to help my niece, Miss E celebrate her 5th birthday. More to come on that fabulous party later . . .

The trip home was good fun. I saw all my family which was just what I wanted to do. Mom made meatloaf Sunday night which was to-die-for. I swear she could package those and sell them and make millions! I partied all day Saturday with Miss E and stayed late at her house to play Zingo and put together her new LEGO Beauty Shop (extra hair for LEGO ladies included). I spent two gift cards that were burning holes in my pockets. I was able to see a few friends and we picked up where we left off - not skipping one beat! And of course, I ate an entire bowl of chips and salsa at my favorite Mexican food restaurant and didn't regret one bite of any of the 72 chips.

Lots of people asked, "Is it weird to be home? You're not driving your car or sleeping in your bed, but your home.  How strange."

It wasn't strange. In fact, it was the opposite. It was home. Home is never strange because you know where you're going. You know how to get places. You know where things are. You know where people will be. You know where to find what you like to wear, to eat, to drink, to be. It's easy because you know.

That's what I think is hardest about moving to a new place (besides missing your niece and nephew!). You never know where you're going. You never know what you're going to find or not find. You're always looking at a map or asking Siri for directions. You never know who you'll meet. You know what you like but you're not sure where to find it. Not knowing is hard.

Home is comfortable. It's where you see all the people you love. It's where you eat all your favorite food. It's where you drive to all your favorite shops and do your favorite things. Even without your bed, your car and your house, it is still home. It's what you know with all the people you love.


via www.pbase.com

No comments:

Post a Comment