Friday, November 2, 2012

Good Ol' Fashion Fun!

Before Hurricane Sandy came crashing in, I convinced Husband to buy a puzzle.

My thought : Romantic! We'll sit by candle light, sip wine and hover over the table, share puzzle pieces and just be together.

Husband's thought : Boring! We have other things to do like watch all of Season 1 of Breaking Bad or re-read Les Miserables, so when the movie comes out I can quote every line.

My reality : We never lost power so we sat with the lamp on, gulped wine and hovered like 2 crazy people over this puzzle for hours.

Husband's reality: MUST FINISH THIS PUZZLE NOW!

We both ended up loving every second of it. Monday night I could barely get Husband to go to bed because he was looking for just 1 more piece . . . and that 1 piece to finish that corner  . . . and that 1 piece to finish the green part  . . . and  . . .

It was just good ol' fashion fun and that's what I loved about it. It didn't cost us much except a few hours of sleep. We could do it and eat at the same time. We could do it with power or without. We could do it and still listen to the Weather Channel. We could do it together. We could do it for fun.

I think by the end of winter, we may become puzzle hoarders.



Isn't she pretty?


Can you find the missing piece in the picture below?  I accidentally vacuumed up 1 piece before we started the puzzle. Talk about driving you crazy . . . looking for that piece forced us to consume 1 entire bottle of wine!



No comments:

Post a Comment