Thursday, November 1, 2012

Impromptu

Yesterday morning I decided that it would be a good day for a pot of chili.  It was Halloween, and cold and rainy out and I knew Husband and I wanted to stay home for the Trick-Or-Treaters.

I found a recipe a friend of my mom's had given me at my bridal shower and went off to the grocery to get what I needed. By 2:00pm I was back in the kitchen chopping away and by 3:30pm I decided that I had enough chili for the neighborhood . . . so I invited the neighbors over! By 4:30pm they were all coming. At 5:00pm I decided it was also a good day for a apple cranberry crumble, so I ran off to the store to get more apples and by 7:30pm the crumble was in the oven!

We sat around and ate and drank and enjoyed the warm food on a cold night. We laughed, we shared funny stories, we refilled each other's glasses . . . everyone stayed until after 11:30pm! It was just simple good fun.

Now, I could have planned that evening for a month, shopped early, sent out an invitation to everyone and it never would have worked out so well. Sometimes, impromptu is so much more fun! It's no stress, no one expects much and everyone is just happy to be doing something fun. Maybe I should start to plan my next impromptu event. Ha!

If you want to see what Penny looked like while everyone was at the house, here ya go.  At about 11:00pm, she scratched at my boot and made me hold her until everyone went home. She is not a party animal!  Maybe it was the sweater . . .

Halloween 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment