Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thinking about Papa Tom

Today is my Papa Tom's birthday. I love thinking about people on their birthdays. It doesn't matter to me if they live here or in Heaven. Birthdays are special days and it's fun to remember others and to be remembered (don't forget - October 6th)!!

The funny thing about my Papa Tom is that the year he died, I met his shorter, more latin self: Husband.

It's crazy how similar they are!

Let me show you:

  • Both born and raised in small towns in northern parts of their states
  • Both baptized Catholic
  • Both are only children
  • Both vote Republican (most of the time!)
  • Both eat sardines
  • Both love chow-chow
  • Both frequent Jewish delis
  • Both eat at Arby's & KFC & love every bite of it
  • Both wear hats
  • Both wear cowboy boots
  • Both are fisherman
  • Both enjoy baseball games
  • Both love Ireland although neither have been
  • Both debate about anything
  • Both finish crossword puzzles
  • Both define any word you give them
  • Both are avid readers
  • Both know how to ballroom dance
  • Both married fabulous women!

I think Papa Tom may have had a little help in me meeting Husband.  Don't ya think?

3 comments:

  1. You forgot Arby's and KFC! - CBM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can add that both are human Googles. I don't ever remember asking either a question, regardless of how obscure, to which I did not receive an answer - probably accurate. Even if it wasn't, it was uttered with such conviction that I assumed its veracity.

    ReplyDelete