Thursday, September 6, 2012

True Love

Yesterday I hopped on the train to Philidelphia for the afternoon.  I had an amazingly delicious lunch at the Shake Shack that included a fabulous hot dog and a bowl of custard filled with bananas, carmel, and marshmallows and topped with pretzels.  Luckily, I was walking everywhere so I hope I shed maybe an 1/8 of those calories I consumed at lunch.

While I was at the Shake Shack a group of middle school children came in on a school field trip.  (Side note: I never went on any school field trip that included a place like that for lunch - lucky kids!) They were very well behaved and a I loved watching them at that age: hovering between babies and teenagers.

As I sat amongst them waiting for my food, I overheard a conversation between a boy and a girl who obviously had a very severe case of a 6th grade crush.

Boy: I can lick this penny

Girl: No you can't.

Boy: It's shiny. It's clean.

Girl: You can't lick pennies. That's gross.

Boy proceeds to lick the penny.

Girl to all her friends: OMG, he just licked a penny! You guys, HE licked a penny!!

After I watched that interaction I thought now that is true, unadulterated, awesome love.  It's a boy showing a girl an amazing thing he can do. She watches carefully, announces the feat to all her best girl friends and - POOF - Cupid has just struck! True Love!

The other day I sent this quote I found on Pinterest to a good friend of mine.  I think the 6th grade Penny Licker really did anything to be her everything.

via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment