Thursday, September 13, 2012

Compliments

Have you ever been out shopping or at the movies or dinner and some person next you just blurts out this really nice compliment to you? At first you are startled and you think, me?  Are your talkin' to me? (always said in your best De Niro voice) Then you get kind of shy about it and then you finally remember that you should thank this new best friend standing next you. And after it's all said and done you walk away feeling like a million bucks.

The compliment can be as simple as: I like your nail polish. You start thinking - oh, look at me, I'm good at picking nail colors! I should never have second guessed myself about this red. I knew I liked it.

Or it could be: your outfit is so great. You start thinking - oh, I'm cute today and I didn't even try. Maybe this is my new go-to outfit. The next week you wear the same thing to an event and you think, I look good today! It changes how you feel about yourself.

It's kind of amazing isn't it?  One person says one little thing to you and your whole day, maybe even week changes. It's not only you who changes but the people around you begin to change. You are happier, you feel more confident and then you start sharing that confidence with other people. You begin to compliment them and the cycle keeps going.

One of my very best friends is the best "Complimentor" I know. We'll be out anywhere and she'll find something she likes about whomever is waiting on our table, handing us our movie tickets or refilling our coffee.

Love your hat!

Great necklace on you!

Perfect lipstick color for Fall!


It's amazing! She's world class! She does it every time I'm with her. The cool thing to watch is people's responses to her compliments. Some get shy, some take it as a welcome sign to chat, some just say thank you and smile really big. You know though, that every single one of those people took what she said to heart. They all heard her and the rest of their day was changed. Now that is cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment