Thursday, September 27, 2012

Quest for a Scent

I'm on the quest for a new perfume. I used to wear Escape by Calvin Klein. I think I am finished with that scent. It reminds me of college and design school and dating. Now I feel like my life is so different - I'm married, I'm living in PA, making a new life for Husband and me and with that I believe it's time to move on with my perfume!

I'm sure all the men who just read that paragraph are wondering what is so difficult about this that it warrants a blog post? A scent for a woman is very important. It becomes part of her. People know her by it. Her husband or boyfriend or partner associates the smell with her. It sticks to her clothing, her sheets, her car seat.  It's on her sweaters, her hair and her bathrobe. It's her. It's important.

With that now said, you will understand when I tell you that I've sprayed about a million perfumes on myself during this quest! I've only liked two enough to get samples of and bring home: Chanel Mademoiselle and Chanel Noir. I've been switching them - wearing one every other day just to see if Husband A) notices and B) says something. To my surprise he did both!

He loves the Noir. I love it too. Can I commit to it?

To throw a wrench in it all, my friend K came into town this week. She sprayed Chloe on and then I started to love that! But, that scent is perfect for her and it reminds me of her so I don't know if it's perfect for me. . . I have to find one that will remind me of me.

Oh, the decisions! I think I'll keep spraying for awhile but I best give myself a decision date to make this happen or it never will and I'll be wearing samples for the rest of my life. Maybe October 6th should be my decision day.



Mademoiselle
Noir

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment