Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Week

I'm a Valentine's Day fan. I love the holiday. Always have.

I like sending cards to people to let them know that I'm thinking about them. I like wearing red or pink or both. I like candy. I love chocolate (especially with peanut butter inside it!). Flowers are one of my favorite things. And hearts are always fun especially candy ones with words on them.

Now, I will also admit I am not a romantic. I cry at Folger's commercials, but that's different. Husband is Latin. It's in his blood to be romantic. It comes with the dark curly hair. I love that about him. He's taking me out tomorrow - he has the whole night planned. I can't wait!

Our gifts this year to each other were a bit different than the usual hearts and candy. I bought Husband sunglasses and he got me cycle shoes for my class at the gym. But, the romantic part of our gift giving was that we got to be together. Husband took me to the cycle store and sat with me and tired them on and asked a lot of questions to the guy at the store so we were sure to buy the perfect pair. I took Husband to an eyeglass shop that I had chosen specifically and we spent an hour just trying on different styles and talking to the manager and choosing the perfect pair. It was such fun to do these thing together for each other. Really, the gifts were just the excuse.

And yesterday, these arrived at my door. Love!



Now, if only a Reese's Big Cup were in my future . . . it would be the perfect Valentine's week! (HINT)




No comments:

Post a Comment