Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Art of Shopping

Mom taught me how to shop. It's an impressive skill that you just can't teach everyone. I'll also say that not all students might be as interested as I was at age 5. Mom was a superb teacher and learned from the best, her own mother who not only shopped like a super star but sometimes just went home and whipped up on her sewing machine whatever she saw in the windows.

I know Husband is impressed with what I can find while I'm out and Dad has always been overwhelmed by Mom's and my accomplishments. Even Cousin J will call and remind me, "just by two of whatever you find - one for you and one for me!" Friends call our skill inherited, I call it mastered.

When I lived in Phoenix Mom and I used to shop with each other for each other. Some of my best shopping skills are shown when I shop for Mom. I think she would say the same about her own skills when she shops for me! Now that Mom and I live 3000 miles apart, we've had to change our shopping habits. When I'm out or get a catalog at home and I see something that I know she NEEDS, I take pictures of it and text her. It's important for her to be on her phone when I do this or she could miss out on a very important item.

Yesterday, while I was in Philly, we showed how well our new technique is working. I found the perfect iPad case for her. I sent her this photo.




Then we text.

Do you want it?

Yes!!!!!

What color?

Orange!!!!!

It's on sale! :0)

Thanks. Love you.


Our shopping is done quickly, effortlessly and always with style. I'm sure Grandma is so impressed with her two students.

No comments:

Post a Comment