Monday, March 11, 2013

Longwood Gardens

Husband and I took an adventure this weekend. A friend told us about the Longwood Gardens about an hour south. It's home of the DuPont house. Mr DuPont bought the grounds to save the trees - maybe he was officially the first Tree Hugger! Well, I'm glad he loved those darn trees so much because the gardens he established on his acreage are amazing. This time of year they host an orchid show. WOWZA! I've never seen so many orchids. Husband and I were in awe. Here, take a look. . .











Oh, and that was just the orchids. Here's some other florals I sniffed along the way . . .











And the end of the walk through the Conservatory, I spotted a gardenia bush. I found this little friend sprouting. My grandma Lori's favorite flower was the gardenia so I think she might have popped this one open to say "hello" to me. XO



No comments:

Post a Comment