Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bird House for Rent

Husband drove me out to Amish country this weekend promising me a milk shake in Strausburg if we could stop at this knife store he had heard about. Milk shakes make me move and he knows this. I hopped in the car right away. Make a long story short, the knife store was not close to the ice cream store so Meya never got her milk shake and Husband never heard the end of it.

Husband was savvy enough to stop at the Bird In Hand Farmer's Market and made up for the ice cream debacle by buying me this heavenly creation:



One of the other Amish vendors at the market was selling the coolest little bird houses. They were made of recycled material and came in a variety of shapes and colors. My new Amish best friend told me that a Blue Bird family was most likely to nest in the type I bought and for sure by mid-spring I would have my own little birdies living on my porch. I made Husband mount this little house as soon as we got home. I hope the Blue Birds come soon. Maybe I should put a "Vacant" sign up or maybe I'll just leave the light on for 'em.



On the way home from the market, we drove by an Amish family in their horse and buggy and I snapped this picture of the horse. We see these on the road all the time but I will admit these horses impress me each and every time. Isn't she gorgeous?



2 comments: