Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas: Meya Style

For all of you who are bit concerned about the lack of tree in our house, I thought I could put you to ease by showing you how we are decorating for Christmas. I'm not a huge santa and snowman and red and green Christmas person. I know, I know, how do I even call myself human? I like things to be festive and sparkly but I don't think you have to do that with just red and green. Plus, those colors don't even remotely go well in my soft hued home and when you're an interior designer, that bugs you. And we can't have things bugging me especially during the holiday season!

So, here is a little sneak peak into our Christmas living room as decoration progress . . .


living room windows
Side note on this wreath: there are 2 of them and they need to "spritzed" twice a day. It's like having a baby in the house, they are so much work! But they're beautiful so I'll "spritz".

Just a hint of Christmas on the bookshelves

Chocolate just screams "Christmas", doesn't it?

Along these same lines, I'm not into making my dog look like a reindeer at Christmas and I saw that happen yesterday and it looked like this:

It's a Chihuahdeer!

Now, this is what a festive holiday pup looks like:

Miss P waiting for Santa!
Do you think she hates me for putting her in horizontal stripes?

1 comment:

  1. Love your minimalistic and elegant Christmas decorations! Horizontal stripes are quite slimming on Penny so I think she is proudly wearing her Santa sweater...

    ReplyDelete