Thursday, August 30, 2012

Grape! Fabulous Grape!


I love grape gum.  I absolutely love it.  It's my one guilty pleasure.  OK, maybe not my only one but it is sure one of the only ones! These Ice Cubes are the creme-de-la-creme of gum world.  They are like little tiny marshmallows that you chew.  WHA-LA! They come in grape!  God is good!

I will also tell you that my husband is affirmatively a grape gum hater.  HOW CAN YOU BE A GRAPE GUM HATER? I didn't know this before we got married or I may have had him sign something saying he'll only buy our kids grape gum or something important like that. Grape is by far the best flavor.  It may not taste like "real" grapes (which, are good but not AS good) and it may come only in very vibrant purple packaging, but it's delicious and powerful and super yummy.  You can't hate the grape. You just can't.

Last night, Husband and I took the train to Philly to meet some friends for dinner.  We popped down in our seats and I popped a piece of grape gum.  Here is how that went:

Are you chewing grape gum?

Yes. It's delicious.

The whole train car can smell it.

I know and they are jealous.

Insert eye roll and back to his magazine.

We get off the train and do a bit of shopping before we met our friends.  Then, on the way to dinner, this is how it went:

Are you still chewing grape gum?

Yes!

Is that the same piece from the train?

Yes!

God, the smell is still EVERYWHERE!

I know.  That is why it is so fabulous! (I sang that last part in kinda a sing-songy voice that Husband never really appreciates)

Insert another eye roll here.

I heard that if you chew a piece of grape gum while you are studying and then chew another piece while you're taking an exam, the scent (which we learned above is so powerful) helps you recall what you studied.  That, my friends, is rad.

Three cheers for grape gum!!!  I know there are two small toe-heads walking around Phoenix who would agree with their Meya on this one.

SMALL PRINT: Husband bought me the grape gum pictured above.  He may hate the grape but he loves me!

1 comment: